Alert dampening problem

Steven North swn at ocsystems.com
Tue Mar 27 21:15:38 UTC 2012

I'm using RHQ 4.1 and having some trouble getting alert dampening working properly.  I have defined a number of alerts each with different dampening rules.  Of the three options, only the consecutive evaluations dampening seems to work.  The last N evaluations and time period options don't seem to work properly.  I am using an alert of my own design, so I am wondering if there is anything that the alert must do to make those dampening options work properly?  Is there anything other than just setting the options in the Time Period dampening that I need to do (I want 1 every 10 minutes)?  Do I need to upgrade RHQ versions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steve