Seeing parent resource implies seeing children?

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Wed Nov 16 20:34:54 UTC 2011

Am 16.11.2011 um 18:27 schrieb Ian Springer:

> No, there's no such implication. If you want all the child Resources to

Ok, thanks to all.

I was asking because of caching. Currently we go for each resource and its children to the
database. In feature/rest I've introduced a cache, for single resources where each node with
a resource also has a set of "viewers" listed.

Now getting the children still means round trips - and so the question was if I could prefetch the
children, but obviously this is not always valid.

I have a different layout in mind now, where for each user the visible resources will be listed by id
and then other cache area that holds the resources and their relations. I will report back after
implementation.

 Heiko