new refresh button (?)

Alan Santos asantos at redhat.com
Tue Mar 29 16:55:00 UTC 2011

Just my opinion:  Any additional RHQ refresh button seems redundant with the intent of 'F5'/the browser refresh button and adds more noise to the UI. I'd agree with Charles' characterization of it as a crutch.

more below.

On Mar 29, 2011, at 12:32 PM, John Mazzitelli wrote:

> not really to replace F5 - we don't want to refresh the entire
> javascript client app

But it sounds like the only reason you want to add this is as a band-aid - i.e. to fix another, harder bug.

> I'm leaning towards safety - when in doubt, provide a way to refresh
> WITHOUT requiring a full F5 refresh

But that's what f5 is for.

> (which now requires you to answer
> "yes" to the popup dialog asking you to "leave RHQ" and then completely
> reloads the javascript app and then reloads all the data).

Sounds like another bug - at least a usability bug.

thanks