RfC: put jruby-complete jar into server/default/lib ?

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Sun Jan 24 14:03:22 UTC 2010

Hi,

This question is triggered by classloading issues with my alert-scriptlang plugin
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/rhq/rht.git?p=rhq/rhq.git;a=commit;h=1b985787ba92bdcf497fedfcf494a76d67571edd

The plugin would use the jruby-complete-1.4.jar. When I put the jar into jbossas/server/default/lib/ , the plugin
works, when it is loaded with the plugin, it doesn't.

Before I spend much time debugging this:

How do people feel if we'd include the jruby jar into the server by default and thus allow more code
on the server (e.g. in server plugins) be written in Ruby?

  Heiko

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Otto-Hahn-Strasse 20, 85609 Dornach bei München
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München HRB 153243