Switching default log4j threshold

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Thu Jan 21 13:24:16 UTC 2010

On 01/21/2010 01:00 AM, Mike McCune wrote:
> I spent 30 minutes being frustrated that I couldn't see any changes
> affected by adding DEBUG packages to our log4j config file.  No mater
> what I did, my console wouldn't show the additional output.

FYI: there is documentation on our FAQ on how to setup debug for both
server and agent. In this case, we specifically call out to the reader
about the console appender:

"Note that by default the console window will not show the debug
messages. This is because the log4j CONSOLE appender has a threshold at
INFO. If you want your debug messages to also go to the console, you
must change the CONSOLE appender's Threshold setting to DEBUG."

Here's the FAQs:

Server:

http://rhq-project.org/display/JOPR2/FAQ#FAQ-HowdoIgetdebugmessagesfromtheRHQServer%3F

Agent: