A provider for publishing Management Controller (Service Processor) information

Praveen_Paladugu at Dell.com Praveen_Paladugu at Dell.com
Fri Oct 25 17:30:18 UTC 2013

Russ,
I forwarded your questions to one of our internal teams to gather their inputs. From a Dell Solution standpoint the OOB management is enabled in two levels: Basic Management, iDRAC
So, I would like for the user to be able to query on something like iDRAC_ManagementController. If iDRAC features are enabled in the server, this query will return the related information. If not, the user can fall back to querying BMC_ManagementController class.
However we end up modeling this class, I would like to have a dedicated class for iDRAC so that we can extend the class as we add new features to iDRAC.
I will get back with our final recommendation as soon I hear from our internal teams.

Thank you
Praveen K Paladugu
Dell Linux Engineering