RFC: use PG_ComputerSystem instead of Linux_ComputerSystem

Devchandra L Meetei dlmeetei at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 08:56:19 UTC 2013

Going through your mail, Just went back and check the pegasus code

and did few adjustment to to reflect the name properly(Though the
particluar provider serves CIM_computerSystem, PG_ComputerSystem and
CIM_UnitaryComputerSysteM).

[root at localhost pegasus]# cimcli gi PG_computersystem
1: PG_ComputerSystem.CreationClassName="PG_ComputerSystem",Name="localhost"
Select an Instance (1..1)? ^C
[root at localhost pegasus]# cimcli ei PG_computersystem

// path=
PG_ComputerSystem.CreationClassName="PG_ComputerSystem",Name="localhost"

instance of PG_ComputerSystem
{
    Caption = "Computer System";
    Description = "Linux version 2.6.32-358.el6.x86_64 (
mockbuild at x86-022.build.eng.bos.redhat.com) "
        "(gcc version 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-3) (GCC) ) #1 SMP "
        "Tue Jan 29 11:47:41 EST 2013";
    ElementName = "Computer System";
    OperationalStatus = {2};
    Status = "OK";
    CreationClassName = "PG_ComputerSystem";
    Name = "localhost";
    NameFormat = "Other";
    PowerManagementCapabilities = {1};
    PowerManagementSupported = FALSE;
    PowerState = 1;
};
[root at localhost pegasus]# cimcli ni PG_computersystem
PG_ComputerSystem.CreationClassName="PG_ComputerSystem",Name="localhost"
[root at localhost pegasus]#

Will fix as a bug in 2.14(Will update the bug number later, Do openlmi need
this to be backported?

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 1:35 PM, Jan Safranek <jsafrane at redhat.com> wrote:

> So far we've used Linux_ComputerSystem as our CIM_ComputerSystem we
> associate our instances to.
>
> Since our primary CIMOM is Pegasus, we could get rid of our dependency
> on SBLIM's base providers and use PG_ComputerSystem instead.
> The CIM_ComputerSystem would still be configurable in
> /etc/openlmi/openlmi.conf, our providers would still be usable with
> SFCB. This change is just about the default.
>
> Benefits:
> - one less dependency (sblim-cpmi-base.rpm)
>
> Negatives:
> - we must rewrite our providers to default to PG_ComputerSystem
>   (it's probably just one find+replace sed)
> - PG_ComputerSystem looks weird, EnumInstances returns
> CreationClassName=PG_ComputerSystem, while EnumInstanceNames returns
> CreationClassName=CIM_ComputerSystem. I'll investigate it.
>

> Jan

Warm Regards
--Dev
OpenPegasus Developer/Committer

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") to help him gain world domination.