RFC: use PG_ComputerSystem instead of Linux_ComputerSystem

Jan Safranek jsafrane at redhat.com
Fri Oct 4 08:05:18 UTC 2013

So far we've used Linux_ComputerSystem as our CIM_ComputerSystem we
associate our instances to.

Since our primary CIMOM is Pegasus, we could get rid of our dependency
on SBLIM's base providers and use PG_ComputerSystem instead.
The CIM_ComputerSystem would still be configurable in
/etc/openlmi/openlmi.conf, our providers would still be usable with
SFCB. This change is just about the default.

Benefits:
- one less dependency (sblim-cpmi-base.rpm)

Negatives:
- we must rewrite our providers to default to PG_ComputerSystem
  (it's probably just one find+replace sed)
- PG_ComputerSystem looks weird, EnumInstances returns
CreationClassName=PG_ComputerSystem, while EnumInstanceNames returns
CreationClassName=CIM_ComputerSystem. I'll investigate it.

Jan