Removing bugzilla options login, assign etc (#67)

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Wed Jul 4 13:06:10 UTC 2012

Quoting Alec Leamas (2012-07-04 14:48:45)
> I have looked into the f-r functions to assign, comment and loginĀ· From
> my perspective, they seem "odd" and not really focused on f-r's main
> task. Furtjhermore, they clog the CLI interface and are hard to test
> requiring some kind of bugzilla test account with unclear implications.
>
> As stated in #67, the already existing dependency python-bugzilla have a
> bugzilla tool which can do all this (assign, comment etc) and much, much
> more. I find it reasonable to point users to this tool rather than
> keeping overlapping functionality in f-r.
>
> Ergo: remove the function assign, login and comment from f-r. However,
> removing functionaltiy is not to be taken lightly. So: has anyone strong
> feelings about these functions, please speak up, either here or in the
> bug #67 :)
>
> A feature branch 'rm-bugz' is in git repo for review.

Truth be told, I don't mind removing the code from f-r. However...how
about we provide a wrapper for python-bugzilla? Just a simple shell
script mind you (which would directly call "bugzilla"). This way we
would still provide users with simplified way to assign bugzilla and
perhaps do the approval part as well.

If anything, I'd like to keep the commandline options there and when
invoked they should print out suggested workaround so people who were
using them won't be (too) surprised.

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>

PGP: 7B087241