[copyleft-next] [MERGE REQUEST] HBR should require the project stands up for software freedom of those who contribute to it

Richard Fontana fontana at sharpeleven.org
Sat Feb 9 16:06:37 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 04:58:20PM +0200, Engel Nyst wrote:
> Point taken. Completely unrelated to yesterday's issue, I have done this as
> well. I apologize. I can think of a couple circumstances when my random use of
> different sites (all three mentioned here) to provide feedback or potential
> issues, might pose problems from the perspective of the normal communication
> through the project's primary medium.
>
> I believe many were unbaked comments or random ideas exchanges, due more to
> lack of expertise (or arguably even attention), and not intended as actual
> proposals. However, I have also submitted a couple issues, intended as
> proposals for copyleft-next, on github, or as comment to existing github
> issues. The first has been on github by mistake/inertia: I have initially
> missed the project's policy, thus I have submitted a pull request on github. I
> have immediately afterwards switched to gitorious, for subsequent merge
> requests.

As for me, I was happy to receive such comments and ideas, regardless
of medium. The only problem from my perspective was the practical one
of having too many things to keep track of. I didn't say anything
because I didn't want to discourage such participation. Same goes with
pchestek. So I suppose the one mistake I made was active use of the
GitHub issue tracker, yet this was not really a mistake because a few
days earlier I had a presentation slide that said that the GitHub
issue tracker was appropriate for use for the time being. Nevertheless
I do not anticipate making further active use of the GitHub issue
tracker at this time.

 - RF