[cobbler] Is it possible to have system object inherits the 'Template Files' value from that of a profile's?

Zack Perry zack.perry at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 21 04:54:52 UTC 2012

Hi James,

> > No. Please see the following profile and system
> > reports:

Hi James,

> > The inheritance is there, but you must double-check it
> > using cobbler system dumpvars
>
> Oh ok, I hadn't gone through all that thoroughly so I
> assumed it wasn't working. So it seems the issue is that the
> report isn't showing the field properly if all it's doing is
> inheriting, the way ksmeta/kopts* do.
>
> > [root at cobbler ~]# cobbler system dumpvars
> --name=nb2|grep ^template
> > template_files : /srv/cobbler/ub_hosts=/etc/hosts
> /srv/cobbler/ub_hostname=/etc/hostname
> /srv/cobbler/ub_static_interfaces=/etc/network/interfaces
> > [...]
> >
> > > Currently, only ksmeta, kopts and kopts-post allow
> > > you to blend things like that.
> >
> > Yes. The cobbler man page is very clear in this regard.
> >

> > > If that's what you're trying to do, open a feature
> > > request on github.
> >
> > Once I have your comments back, I will file it as
> > either a feature request or a combo of bug report + feature
> > request.
>
> And yeah, if they're still not blending it would be a
> feature request, so go ahead and open that issue.

I have been keeping detailed test notes. In another couple of days, I
should conclude my my tests. Will file pull requests for both patches
and docs, together with opening issues.

Many thanks for the new cobbler. It's definitely looking good!

Oh yes, have a great Thanksgiving weekend!

Regards,

-- Zack