mod_wsgi breaks django web

Devan Goodwin dgoodwin at rm-rf.ca
Wed May 19 12:52:15 UTC 2010

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 3:37 AM, Vreman, Peter <peter.vreman at acision.com> wrote:
> I had mod_python not installed anymore, because it was missing from the deps and the warning in the /etc/httpd/conf.d/wsgi.conf " Do not enable mod_python and mod_wsgi in the same apache process."
>
> After installing mod_python rpm again the cobbler_web works again.
>
> A note for installation or cobbler check is that mod_wsgi is must be explicitly enabled first in /etc/httpd/conf.d/wsgi.conf.
>
> Regards,
> Peter

Ok I will re-add the dependency for the cobbler-web package. Thanks
for reporting!

As for the do not mix mod_python and mod_wsgi I was not aware, no such
warning exists in that file in Fedora 13 but I do see it does affect
RHEL/CentOS, at least some versions. Please let me know if you start
experiencing any problems with both modules running.

Probably a good case to try to switch the web UI sooner rather than
later. Anyone good with Django? I will start looking into it.

Cheers,

Devan

--
Devan Goodwin <dgoodwin at rm-rf.ca>