Buildr/Eclipse Hate Each Other

Jesus M. Rodriguez jmrodri at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 15:47:13 UTC 2010

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Adam Young <ayoung at redhat.com> wrote:
> Since you are hating on Maven...something to which I can relate...let me
> state that we should put all source files in the same tree to begin
> with, and then exempt things, as opposed to the Maven way of making a
> zilling subdirs.  I mean really do we need:
>
> proxy/src/main/humdedum/java/myjavacode/goesinto/anothersubdir/belowthis/com.....

That's funny you say that, we originally had it set as code/src when we used
ant. Then I put in buildr and moved everything to the maven style directory
which is the buildr default (though not a requirement).

> I mean, if JUnit can find all of its tests to execute, can't we find all
> of the JUnit tests to remove?  OK, maybe that is a bit much, but you get
> the idea.
>
> We chose builder because we didn't want to do Maven.  If that is the
> decision, lets make it stick:  get rid of the dumb Maven ideas.
> Simplify the source tree.

I can actually agree with this, though I won't make the change just yet :)
Even if I simplify the tree, I don't think it will solve the CLI vs eclipse
issue we are having.

jesus