Merging tim integration branch into master on Monday

Jason Guiditta jguiditt at redhat.com
Fri Jan 11 16:39:13 UTC 2013

On 11/01/13 10:43 -0500, Matt Wagner wrote:
>On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 01:13:02PM +0100, Jan Provazník wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Matt and I have worked on Tim integration task last months, we kept
>> this stuff in separate branch to make sure we don't break everybody's
>> setup for too long time.
>>
>> Although there are still some known issues pending for fix, I think
>> it would be better to merge the tim integration branch
>> (tim-stable-rebased) into master branch, it was successfully tested
>> for all major provider types we support in Conductor - ec2, rhevm,
>> vsphere and newly added support for openstack.
>>
>> If you agree, I will merge it into master on Monday.
>
>I'm biased, but I of course support this merge. :)
>
>To be clear, Jan and I reviewed and tested each others' patches before
>merging to tim-stable and tim-stable-rebased, and Jan put a ton of
>effort in to get everything rebased against the latest master and
>working flawlessly, so this is hardly a blind merge.
>
>-- Matt

I am all for getting this merged asap, but I wonder about the Gem dep
on Tim.  I believe you guys are currently using a commit hash in the
gemfile, is this ok for initial master merge?  I ask because we have
not put out an official tim release with the result of last sprint yet
(though we could), and we have subsequently upgraded rails to 3.2.11.
I would prefer to just have the official release be on the newer, more
secure rails, but I am not sure how soon conductor will be ready for
that.  So I am not really asking you to do anything I guess, just want
to make sure you are ok with using the tim version in the same way on
master that you currently are in your branch.

-j