Merging tim integration branch into master on Monday

Jan Provaznik jprovazn at redhat.com
Mon Jan 14 15:11:17 UTC 2013

On 01/11/2013 05:39 PM, Jason Guiditta wrote:
> On 11/01/13 10:43 -0500, Matt Wagner wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 01:13:02PM +0100, Jan Provazník wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> Matt and I have worked on Tim integration task last months, we kept
>>> this stuff in separate branch to make sure we don't break everybody's
>>> setup for too long time.
>>>
>>> Although there are still some known issues pending for fix, I think
>>> it would be better to merge the tim integration branch
>>> (tim-stable-rebased) into master branch, it was successfully tested
>>> for all major provider types we support in Conductor - ec2, rhevm,
>>> vsphere and newly added support for openstack.
>>>
>>> If you agree, I will merge it into master on Monday.
>>
>> I'm biased, but I of course support this merge. :)
>>
>> To be clear, Jan and I reviewed and tested each others' patches before
>> merging to tim-stable and tim-stable-rebased, and Jan put a ton of
>> effort in to get everything rebased against the latest master and
>> working flawlessly, so this is hardly a blind merge.
>>
>> -- Matt
>
> I am all for getting this merged asap, but I wonder about the Gem dep
> on Tim.  I believe you guys are currently using a commit hash in the
> gemfile, is this ok for initial master merge?  I ask because we have
> not put out an official tim release with the result of last sprint yet
> (though we could), and we have subsequently upgraded rails to 3.2.11.
> I would prefer to just have the official release be on the newer, more
> secure rails, but I am not sure how soon conductor will be ready for
> that.  So I am not really asking you to do anything I guess, just want
> to make sure you are ok with using the tim version in the same way on
> master that you currently are in your branch.
>
> -j

I think that for "merging to master" act, it's sufficient to refer
github repo. But for "new conductor release" act, it would be much
better to refer official Tim's rubygem release (once it will be released).

I think next version of Conductor shouldn't be released until upgrade to
3.2.11 is done so merging tim integration stuff into master shouldn't be
blocker. What release folks think about this?

Jan