Image Management Engine Vote (2)

Jason Guiditta jguiditt at redhat.com
Fri Sep 14 16:13:29 UTC 2012

On 12/09/12 10:50 +0100, Martyn Taylor wrote:
>   Gents,
>   So, as your probably already aware.  We discovered a Forklift app that
>   is in the same space as IME.  So it would be unwise to select it for
>   our name.
>   I was going to chose the 2nd most popular name on the vote list, but
>   since that was "I don't care!", I thought a revote was in order.
>   [1]http://poll.pollcode.com/3tmc9i
>   Cheers gents
>   On 09/03/2012 03:42 PM, Martyn Taylor wrote:

Not to beat a dead horse here, but we still have alot of votes for 'I
dont care', and I have noticed we have some other options that are
already libraries (and I just checked gem, there could well be others).
Taken names:
* Tinman (too bad, I kind of liked this)
* Toto
* ControlTower
* FreightTrain

Also, I say we drop "I don't care" so as not to waste votes, and could
we drop 'rembrandt' as an option?  I just plain hate that name.
New additions/changes:
* 'gabelstapler' -Personally, I think this is just too obscure, though we
   could put it on the list and see if I am alone there (for a change).
* I think 'hanger' should be spelled 'hangar', since that is the spelling for
the place you keep a plane - what would the other be, a clothes hanger?
* ime (a la iwhd)
* zax
* other children's book-inspired names (thanks for the theme idea
   morazi!)
* reconsider cereal theme?  ;)  (/me files that away for his own
   projects...)

Lastly, let's put this in a new email thread, so it doesn't get
buried(?).

-j