Website Cabal

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Tue Nov 13 14:05:50 UTC 2012

On 11/12/2012 12:07 PM, Justin Clift wrote:
> On 12/11/2012, at 11:59 AM, Justin Clift wrote:
>> On 12/11/2012, at 11:45 AM, Jiří Stránský wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> Proposed members, as nominated at Aeolus Developer Conference:
>>>
>>> * Matt Wagner (initial Awesome)
>>> * Jirka Stransky
>>> * Justin Clift
>> ACK for me here.
>>
>> Note - only minor interest here, more for handover and
>> tidying up loose ends.  Happy to be dropped from this
>> if we hit max # of people.
> Mo, would you like to be on the website cabal?
>
> Jiří suggested you in IRC, and it makes a lot of sense.
> You're interested in this stuff, where as I'm more "over
> it" and looking to put energy elsewhere.
>
> So, I'll un-volunteer myself from the website cabal if
> you're up for being on it.

Since the website doesn't require much verification other than viewing
it and manually making sure it looks good, can't we just push updates to
the website?

Or perhaps send pull requests, but unless there are any critical
objections, those get automatically ack'd after 2 or 3 days? (comments
and suggestions on the pull request should be addressed but after that
they shouldn't be considered critical objections unless explicitly
indicated). Of course explicit ACKs can be pushed immediately.

That way the website is continuously being updated and if someone
doesn't like a change they can easily send an additional pull request
and push additional patches ontop of those changes. Perhaps in the case
of differences in opinion, Hugh (or whoever he designates) can have the
final say.

Worth a try?
  -Mo