Etherpad flakier than we'd like. :(

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Fri Jul 20 18:50:32 UTC 2012

On 21/07/2012, at 1:51 AM, Jason Guiditta wrote:
<snip>
>   We can use one of the pblic ones, but then we would lose the
> ability to point our official DNS at it, which we can do with the
> current setup.  That said, I dont particularly care that much, simpler
> is better, imo, and etherpad is more for collab that final doc output
> anyway (or should be).

Kind of thinking we should wait until Matt is back, and get
him to look at the Etherpad problems.  We are kind of new to
running our own, so it could just be teething problems.

If it's not though, and we keep having hassles... definitely
agree with jayg that having our own etherpad isn't mandatory. :)

That being said, when I tried to use PiratePad (months ago),
it was offline at the time without notice.  That one might
not be the best choice either. ;>

+ Justin

--
Aeolus Community Manager