Etherpad flakier than we'd like. :(

Jason Guiditta jguiditt at redhat.com
Fri Jul 20 15:51:27 UTC 2012

On 20/07/12 11:21 -0400, Hugh O. Brock wrote:
>On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 09:44:27PM +1000, Justin Clift wrote:
>> Hi Matt,
>>
>> *sigh*  Our Etherpad instance has gone down again. :(
>>
>> Seems to be happening a lot.  Once a week or so.
>>
>> When you get back, we should take some time trying to
>> make it stable.  (cronjob restart even? :>)
>>
>> Regards and best wishes,
>>
>> Justin Clift
>
>What is this "piratepad" thing that Michal Fojtik is using? It would
>be nice if we didn't have to maintain our own infrastructure for
>etherpad, we have enough to do...
>
>--H

It is one of the public etherpad sites listed here:
http://etherpad.org/public-sites/

Agree on the extra work - we discussed putting it on openshift
thinking it would be very little effort, but that seems to not be the
case.  We can use one of the pblic ones, but then we would lose the
ability to point our official DNS at it, which we can do with the
current setup.  That said, I dont particularly care that much, simpler
is better, imo, and etherpad is more for collab that final doc output
anyway (or should be).

-j