On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 21:51 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
On 07/27/2012 09:27 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Fri, 2012-07-27 at 18:02 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>> On 07/27/2012 02:14 PM, Petr Schindler wrote:
>>> It is about discussion to accept this change. If there will be lot of
>>> opinions against this change, we will let it be as it is and anaconda
>>> will have to make their best to bring rescue mod. We can also change
>>> this criterion. It's on discussion. Note that those changes are
>>> hopefully only for F18. In F19 there should be everything back.
>> So what no text mode and no rescue mode this release?
>> From the looks of it we should just delay the new anaconda for F19 and
>> re-use the release we used for F17 .
>> This topic should be added to the meeting agenda and voted upon.
> The inclusion of newUI in itself is a Feature; the correct way to get it
> delayed, if we decided we want that, would be to bring it up with FESCo
> (by filing a FESCo ticket asking them to look at it). A vote of QA alone
> isn't sufficient to mandate the removal of a feature.
I disagree the QA vote should be sufficient to deem the feature not
complete thus Anaconda would be subjected to their contingency plan.
Well, to a certain extent it's academic. I suspect that if QA was
strongly of the opinion that the feature isn't sufficiently complete,
FESCo would give substantial weight to that input in making its
determination. But it's FESCo that owns the feature process, and
ultimately FESCo that makes the final determination of whether a feature
is meeting the requirements of the process - it's FESCo that has to say
'we declare this feature isn't meeting the process, and here's what we
plan to do about it'.
As I have mentioned before on this thread if the plan is to extend
installer initrd with the rescue mode or a have separate grub entry with
rescue initrd ( or rescue mode in some other form ) we need testable
spin with that solution in the installer ASAP so we can test if that can
work as an acceptable solution to use in F18 however if the plan is to
drop it we can cast a vote on next meeting.
What we need now is to actually hear from the Anaconda team what they
are planning to do...
Yeah, I'm asking at present. Chris is out until next Wednesday, though,
so we may not get definitive word before then.
Fedora QA Community Monkey
IRC: adamw | Twitter: AdamW_Fedora | identi.ca: adamwfedora