Please do not reply directly to this email. All additional
comments should be made in the comments box of this bug report.
Summary: Review Request: Jython - Java source interpreter
------- Additional Comments From ifoox(a)redhat.com 2006-09-08 20:51 EST -------
(In reply to comment #2)
Just some quick comments from looking at parts of the spec file..
- Summary is odd: "Java source interpreter"
- Source lines should be URLs to sources
The source appears to
be a CVS snapshot, but I'll check to make sure whether
it's not downloaded.
- Remove Epoch
- Change Group to Development/Libraries
- Make BuildRoot standard
- Remove these lines...
Vendor: JPackage Project
- Add dist tag.
- Fix compile line to use the system Python libraries instead of the python2.2
- Remove Source1 (python2.2 library).
- Move buildroot removal from prep to install.
- Use libedit (EditLine) instead of GNU readline.
(In reply to comment #3)
BTW, I don't think we should be linking libreadline-java with
jython since I
believe the licenses are incompatible. See this thread for discussion and a
I've built the latest version of libreadline-java against libedit (EditLine)
instead of GNU readline, libedit is LGPL, and is what the poster in the thread
you mention proposes. So this should be fine. See bug #193896.
There are still many issues to resolve with this package, I will try to resolve
most of them tomorrow. But I have a few questions which hopefully someone can
1. rpmlint gives me errors like this when running it on the main rpm:
E: jython non-executable-script /usr/share/jython/Lib/Cookie.py 0644
It doesn't give it for all the .py files in that directory, even though they all
have the same permissions. Should these be 755, or should these files be moved
to /usr/lib instead?
2. What should be the group for jython-demo?
I put it in Development/Documentation along with the manual and javadoc, but I'm
not sure this is right.
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.