Thank you so much for the feedback you provided for Fedora Women's Day
2018. We sincerely appreciate your insight because it helps us to make
Here are the results:
*Please rate overall satisfaction with FWD 2018 event.*
- Very Satisfied - 42.9 %
- Satisfied - 28.6 %
- Neutral - 28.6%
- Dissatisfied - 0 %
*What did you like the least about event?*
- Our event was a lot of talk and less interactivity. I wish we had
planned more interactive parts to engage our attendees and get them
involved with the event. A list of ideas for hands-on activities would be
- Our event in particular was very long.
- Was very difficult to me looking for a good speaker.
- Hard to gather participants if u r not involved in a related club.
*What did you like the most about event?*
- We had active Fedora contributors local to our city and participate in
the event. The guest speakers were a great addition and added a dynamic of
how FOSS / Fedora can go outside of the academic / student world.
- Having an event to try to get more diversity in open source and
reaching out to minorities.
- Generate an space to talk about technology and the same time generate
an small community of girls looking work together.
- Attendees interested in the free software world.
- Helpful fedora D&I team.
- It helps raise awareness and it is the way to express thanks for the
women contributors across the Fedora Project.
- The events celebrates the presence of Women in Fedora and also it
helps in increasing Women contributor.
*How do you think the event could have been improved?*
- More Interactivity.
- More breaks in our scheduling and more direction on topics from Fedora
would be nice.
- More local and global Marketing.
- Greater publicity for the events of Fedora.
- More follow-up with participants after the event, hackathon with
participants to get them started.
- We should involve some activities and also follow-up sessions.
- Event can be improved by settings some measurable goals.
*Are there any other comments or suggestions you'd like to make?*
- Advance planning is required. It takes about ~60 days of advance
planning prior to event to get reservations, invite guest speakers, and
- Many thanks to the D&I team for this initiative.
- Hold a virtual event.
- An early planning helps make an event better.
*Would you like to organize FWD this year(2019) as well?*
- Yes - 71.4%
- No - 28.6%