[SSSD-users] sssd-1.11.1 Saucy automount

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Wed Jan 29 11:54:04 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 11:24:09AM +0000, Longina Przybyszewska wrote:
> I would like get access to nfs- and cifs shares.
> Sssd  is configured with ad provider.
> Is it possible to  mount cifs share and nfs share on demand with
> sssd and autofs service?
>
> Med venlig hilsen

I think there are several questions here. SSSD can serve autofs
maps for the automounter deamon, if the maps are stored in LDAP:
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SSSDAutoFSSupport

About the CIFS shares, what exactly is the use case? Currently SSSD
"only" provides an ID mapping plugin so that SIDs can be mapped to IDs
and names:
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/SSSD_CIFS_plugin