[SSSD-users] cannot authenticate one user

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Mon Sep 17 16:16:37 UTC 2012

Dmitri Pal wrote:
> The Offline status shows that the system is offline and that the
> operation is performed against cache.
> If you changed the user password on one system but the other system is
> offline it would still expect the old password.

To reiterate: I changed my password on another machine and the F16 box
only authenticated me using the new password. The old password would not
work. A cache is not being used.

> Please check if the user cal log using old password and also please
> check what is wrong related to connectivity between this system and your
> AD server. If system indicates that it is offline there is something
> wrong with its connectivity.

My F16 and F17 boxes are on the same physical network as the AD. I can
ping the AD from the F16 box. I have even disabled the firewall and
SELinux. No success.

Are there any logs or debug levels to enable to see why SSSD thinks the
provider is "Offline" when it isn't?

Thanks,
Michael