[SSSD-users] cannot authenticate one user

Dmitri Pal dpal at redhat.com
Mon Sep 17 16:06:47 UTC 2012

On 09/17/2012 11:53 AM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Fedora 16 box that acts as a file server. Most people access it
> via samba shares. People can also log in via SSH to get a shell. One
> user (foobar) seems unable to log in via SSH though. The SSSD logs show
> the following:
>
> (Mon Sep 17 10:34:53 2012) [sssd[be[default]]] [be_get_account_info]
> (0x0100): Got request for [3][1][name=foobar]
> (Mon Sep 17 10:34:53 2012) [sssd[be[default]]] [acctinfo_callback]
> (0x0100): Request processed. Returned 1,11,Offline
>
> Some background:
> - Fedora 16
> - sssd-1.8.4-13.fc16.x86_64
> - Users and password authentication is setup to use a Windows
>   domain controller (not Samba)
> - Kerberos is setup and I have valid cc files in /tmp
> - Ran sss_cache -u foobar
> - The user can log in successfully to my local Fedora 17 box that
>   has an identical configuration for SSSD/KRB5.
>
> I don't understand what "Offline" means or where else to look. I changed
> my Windows password using a Windows computer and the Fedora 16 box
> picked up my new password.

The Offline status shows that the system is offline and that the
operation is performed against cache.
If you changed the user password on one system but the other system is
offline it would still expect the old password.

Please check if the user cal log using old password and also please
check what is wrong related to connectivity between this system and your
AD server. If system indicates that it is offline there is something
wrong with its connectivity.

> Thanks,
> Michael

Thank you,