[SSSD] Wiki pages on SSSD Troubleshooting and reporting bugs

Pavel Březina pbrezina at redhat.com
Tue Mar 24 11:57:05 UTC 2015

On 03/19/2015 12:53 PM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I created two wiki pages to help our users troubleshoot their setups and
> file better bug reports. I hope the information captured there would
> allow us to receive better information, avoid copying and explaning the
> same principles over and over -- and ultimately have more time for
> coding :-)
>
> The Troubleshooting page is here:
>      https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/Troubleshooting
> And the Bug reporting page is here:
>      https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/Reporting_sssd_bugs
>
> In the troubleshooting page, I tried to stay away from describing known
> bugs and rather describe how SSSD works so the user can see which part
> doesn't work and needs to be fixed or reconfigured.

Maybe we can add a link to may thesis [1], where is thoroughly described
how sssd works?

> I would also like to add a section about debugging sudo, but I know Dan
> had some ideas and also I'd like to hear Pavel's opionion before doing
> the work.

Honestly, I don't really know if any of the customers issues occurs
regularly. But the troubleshooting is all the same:
- ldbsearch to see if the rules are actually downloaded
- check the logs how many rules are returned to sudo

Most of the problems where misconfiguration of some sort. Maybe Dan can
provide more statistics from customer portal.

> If the other developers agree on the wiki pages, I would like to link
> them from the SSSD front page. I'd like to also unlink the obsolete
> Howto, at least until/if a new one is created.
>
> I'll be happy to hear reviews or comments.

Good job with those documents. Kudos!

[1] http://is.muni.cz/th/359290/fi_m/thesis.pdf