[SSSD] Wiki pages on SSSD Troubleshooting and reporting bugs

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Thu Mar 19 11:53:55 UTC 2015

Hi,

I created two wiki pages to help our users troubleshoot their setups and
file better bug reports. I hope the information captured there would
allow us to receive better information, avoid copying and explaning the
same principles over and over -- and ultimately have more time for
coding :-)

The Troubleshooting page is here:
    https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/Troubleshooting
And the Bug reporting page is here:
    https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/wiki/Reporting_sssd_bugs

In the troubleshooting page, I tried to stay away from describing known
bugs and rather describe how SSSD works so the user can see which part
doesn't work and needs to be fixed or reconfigured.

I would also like to add a section about debugging sudo, but I know Dan
had some ideas and also I'd like to hear Pavel's opionion before doing
the work.

If the other developers agree on the wiki pages, I would like to link
them from the SSSD front page. I'd like to also unlink the obsolete
Howto, at least until/if a new one is created.

I'll be happy to hear reviews or comments.