[SSSD] Design discussion: Wildcard Data Provider requests

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Mon Mar 9 12:01:54 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 09, 2015 at 12:50:29PM +0100, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 09, 2015 at 11:52:04AM +0100, Pavel Březina wrote:
> > Can we not use the ldap_ prefix since this option is supposed to be present
> > also in responder?
>
> Well, I don't think it should be used in the responder. I think the
> responder should just request whatever it needs to and let storing the
> data to cache for the Data Provider.
>
> What we can do is to return a DP error to make it clear that DP hit a
> sizelimit and the result might be incorrect, but that's it.

Also, different servers in different domains might need this option set
differently, so I don't think this is a responder-side option at all.

Why do you think there should be one on the responder side? Maybe we
could add a matching responder option, but I'm not sure it's needed.
The responder is normally quite fast and able to act upon any cache
contents..