[SSSD] Design discussion: Wildcard Data Provider requests

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Mon Mar 9 11:50:29 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 09, 2015 at 11:52:04AM +0100, Pavel Březina wrote:
> Can we not use the ldap_ prefix since this option is supposed to be present
> also in responder?

Well, I don't think it should be used in the responder. I think the
responder should just request whatever it needs to and let storing the
data to cache for the Data Provider.

What we can do is to return a DP error to make it clear that DP hit a
sizelimit and the result might be incorrect, but that's it.