[SSSD] unexpected ifp file

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Fri May 30 18:03:25 UTC 2014

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 12:23:02PM -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-05-30 at 18:09 +0200, Pavel Březina wrote:
> > On 05/30/2014 05:59 PM, Yassir Elley wrote:

+1, especially a) but also b) is important for tools like cscope. If we
ignored the generated code, it would have to be in $builddir, not
$srcdir and then using cscope would be much harder.

> What we may want to consider is to not autogenerate the code at every
> build, but rely on people changing the templates to run the generator
> before committing.
>
> Simo.

I think it's simply a bug in the generator. I played a bit more with the
diff that is generated and it seems that the content is the same, just
moved in the file. I would have expected that given the same input, same
output would be generated.

Right now, I suspect there is a different order in which pieces of the
interface are generated, but I'm not going to block the beta release
over that.

I filed:
https://fedorahosted.org/sssd/ticket/2344

And we'll tackle the problem in beta2.