[SSSD] NSS: Add config option to expand homedir template format

Jakub Hrozek jhrozek at redhat.com
Tue May 27 14:32:28 UTC 2014

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 01:03:42PM +0200, Pavel Reichl wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-05-27 at 11:24 +0200, Lukas Slebodnik wrote:
> > >The fact of passing pointer to the same area in memory to 2 separate
> > >arguments of sss_parse_name() is what I called potential source of bugs.
> > >You said "It seems strange to me" so I hope you know what I mean.
> > It is strange, but it isn't wrong.
> >    * orig_name refers to old string
> >    * homedir_ctx->username will refer to new string.
> > I need to use old string in debug message if function fails.
> I missed that.
>
> I did some testing and all seems to be working, so ACK to all patches.

In the third patch, you need to add the file
src/man/include/override_homedir.xml into src/man/po/po4a.cfg to make sure
it's processed for translations.

Can you ask some native English speaker to check the contents of the
text added?

As a side note, it would be nice to treat any refactoring as an
opportunity for adding more unit tests. Neither expand_homedir_template
nor sss_parse_name_const have any tests.