[SSSD] DEBUG macro refactoring v4

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Wed Feb 12 14:57:32 UTC 2014

On 02/11/2014 03:57 PM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 06:09:44PM +0200, Nikolai Kondrashov
> wrote:
>> Hi Jakub,
>>
>> On 01/13/2014 04:52 PM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
>>> These patches work for me. I had to rebase them on top of the
>>> current master (sorry, I pushed Stef's patches before I checked
>>> the moderation queue). Attached is a tarball with patches that
>>> include my modifications, feel free to inspect it.
>>
>> No problem. I didn't provide any timeframe for the fixes, so it's
>> perfectly fine that you merged something while waiting for me.
>> Thanks for the rebase! I've checked the differences and didn't
>> find anything suspicious.
>>
>>> I have two questions, one for you and one for the whole
>>> development team: 1) Would you agree to squash patch #7 (the
>>> fixup) to patch #6? I can see the point of separating the
>>> mass-converted patch from the few places the mass conversion
>>> didn't work as expected, but at the same time I prefer that
>>> each patch compiles on its own to make sure in order to not
>>> break bisect.
>>
>> Sure. The separation served its purpose. Although, I'd suggest
>> mentioning in the squashed message that there were some manual
>> fixes done.
>>
>> Thanks for reviewing, Jakub!
>>
>> Sincerely, Nick
>
> Can you rebase the patches one last time, please? I'm sorry about
> all the delays, but the upcoming 1.11.4 release is quite important
> for downstreams, so I tried to not diverge master and sssd-1-11 if
> possible.
>
> When you start rebasing, ping me please with the hash of the
> revision you are rebasing on so that we don't keep pushing more
> patches.
>
> Thank you for the patience.

I took care of rebasing this for Nikolai (I've been keeping them up to
date). Nikolai: thank you so much for including the scripts you used
for the mass-changes in the descriptions. That helped immensely.

Updated patches are compressed and attached in a tarball.

These patches apply atop git commmit
93dabb2fe0a798f22bb802b9c6521ab9e6a4ac36 (current upstream HEAD at the
time of this writing).