[SSSD] [INI] Ding-libs, controversial points in the design to allow merging configuration snippets

Lukas Slebodnik lslebodn at redhat.com
Sat Apr 12 17:05:42 UTC 2014

On (07/04/14 19:20), Dmitri Pal wrote:
>Next week I am traveling, I will have some time to do prototyping
>while I am flying so I want to get to consensus before the end of the
>week.

This was a very long thread and I read it briefly.
If you have a spare time and want to implement features in ding-libs
it will be better to implement validation.

It is a pain to modify sssd.conf (from ipa-client-install POV)
and it would be great to have configuration divided into small files.
On the other hand, modification of sssd.conf is already implemented in
ipa-client-install, but we do not have a validation. The validation of
configuration file will save our time (troubleshooting users problem on IRC)
and it was already requested by customers (downstream)

LS