[SSSD] [SSSD-users] New AD provider howto

Bryan Harris bryanlharris at me.com
Thu Apr 10 23:13:56 UTC 2014

Hi Jakub,

Hopefully I’m providing a decent discussion starting point.  Is placing the DC into resolv.conf the typical scenario?  Or is it more that this is the Microsoft-recommended way of doing things, full stop?

For example, I don’t put 8.8.8.8 into my resolver if I want to lookup the www.google.com A record.  I suspect internal zones at companies are not resolved by adding more and more lines to the resolv.conf file.  I would rather think that corporate computers will generally point at a corporate DNS server which knows how to delegate AD queries to the AD servers, and other queries to other servers, and so on.  But I could be overly optimistic after reading the responses on another list (I recently asked this to the bind folks, and they brought up a lot of interesting points).

https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/bind-users/2014-April/092919.html

Thanks for providing the tutorials.  The previous 2008 R2 tutorial was very useful.

V/r,
Bryan