[SSSD] Announcing SSSD 1.10.0 Beta 2

Lukas Slebodnik lslebodn at redhat.com
Mon Jun 17 15:50:49 UTC 2013

On (17/06/13 17:13), steve wrote:
>On Mon, 2013-06-17 at 07:58 -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
>> On Mon 17 Jun 2013 07:54:58 AM EDT, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
>> >
>> > Upstream considers the "definitive" build to be the one we use for
>> > Fedora, since we're certain that it matches the Filesystem
>> > Hierarchy Standard. SSSD will *never* work with just "./configure"
>> > with no flags because we always need to be able to specify where
>> > the nsswitch and PAM modules need to live because they're different
>> > on different platforms, even different architectures of the same
>> > OS. In Fedora, they need to be in /lib and /lib/security for i686
>> > vs. /lib64 and/lib64/security on x86_64. There's no way to cleanly
>> > autodetect this, so it must always be specified manually.
>> >

>> Thinking about this a little further, it might make sense to just
>> default --with-nsslibdir to /lib and --with-pamlibdir to
>> /lib/security. If I remember correctly, Debian always uses /lib for
>> the primary arch. I'm not sure how OpenSUSE does it, but maybe Steve
>> can enlighten me.
>
>openSUSE is like Fedora. /lib and /lib/security. Ubuntu
>uses /lib/i386-linux-gnu and /lib/i386-linux-gun/security. The latter
You can inspire in debian/ubuntu sssd packaging repo
http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-sssd/sssd.git.
Especially file debian/rules. You can find there arguments used to
configure sssd in ubuntu.

>also has a nasty symlink
>at /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/ldb/modules/ldb/samba which needs to be
>removed before sssd will fire up.
Yes this symlink is not well placed
Does sssd work with this symlink?
I thought, that this symlink only generate a lot of warnings.
I did not test it, but if it is a real problem, then we should contact
debian/ubuntu samba maintainer.