[SSSD] debbuging, how to turn off cache [SOLVED]

steve steve at steve-ss.com
Tue Apr 16 16:34:53 UTC 2013

On 04/16/2013 05:39 PM, Jakub Hrozek wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 05:21:35PM +0200, steve wrote:

>>> This really shouldn't matter, does getent on Ubuntu works fine without
>>> bash script?
>> Yes, it's fine outside the script. It's just that the script sets
>> permissions on some files to the new user. We have to use his
>> numeric gidNumber because his username is not available to use as
>> such (as getent shows)
> The only file getent should care about is nsswitch.conf
>
> Does the script run as that particular user?
>
> Also, I think Ubuntu runs a different shell, maybe that would make a
> difference in a script.
>
> The other things to try would be stracing the getent to see if the
> getent actually reaches the SSSD and checking the sssd_nss logs to
> reference the lookup.
Hi everyone
It seems to take time for sssd to pick up new objects. I added a
sleep 10
before doing anything with the new user and could then use his username
or, put another way,  getent passwd username worked after the sleep.

10 seconds is fine as we don't add users that often but it would be nice
if nss could pick it up a bit quicker.

This is only my second day with sssd and I would like to thank all the
devs for a great project..
Steve