[SSSD] [patch] Make example sssd.conf a working example with a local domain

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Thu May 27 22:01:14 UTC 2010

On Thu, 27 May 2010 23:06:47 +0200
Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> wrote:

> At the moment, if sssd is given the example sssd.conf file, sssd
> reuses to start.  In Debian and Ubuntu, the example sssd.conf file is
> patched like this and installed in /etc/sssd/sssd.conf to make sure
> the sssd package get an operational daemon when the package is
> installed.
>
> Any hope of having this patch included in the upstream tarball?

Hi Petter,
the reason we do not configure LOCAL by default is that at the moment
it has limited value.
We built it for 2 reasons:
- easy testing of some of the code patch w/o need for a network source
- use for extending user information beyond what /etc/passwd and shadow
  can offer

The second part was linked with providing a DBUS interface and desktop
integration.

For various reasons the second part has been deferred.

We might need to change how it behaves (I don't think it will happen
but it is possible) once we get back at implementing this DBUS interface
so we do not want to encourage widespread usage just yet.

HTH.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York