[SSSD] fun with sssd, fc13, ldaps, start_tls?

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Wed May 26 15:06:55 UTC 2010

On 05/26/2010 11:02 AM, Bobby Krupczak wrote:
> [sssd[be[default]]] [sdap_save_user_send] (2): User [rdk] filtered out! (id out of range)

I'm guessing rdk has a UID < 1000. This is generally a bad idea for
network accounts, as they're vulnerable to colliding with local
accounts. It sounds like in your case you actually have control over the
UID range, so it might be possible for you to change the UID.

Otherwise, change the min_id setting in sssd.conf to something more
appropriate for your environment. (We have that there to try to protect
against network vs. local ID conflicts)

--
Stephen Gallagher
RHCE 804006346421761