[SSSD] questions about SSSD options

David O'Brien davido at redhat.com
Wed May 19 12:33:20 UTC 2010

1. In the option "ldap_opt_timeout", where does the "opt" come from? Is
it just short for "option"?

2. A question arose today about how to determine which options are
mandatory and which are not in any given SSSD config. I've since found a
few cases where "optional" is included as part of the description in the
man page. Is this the determining factor? e.g.,
- ldap_group_search_base (string)
    An optional base DN to restrict group searches to a specific subtree.

What about:
- ldap_user_home_directory (string)
    The LDAP attribute that contains the name of the userĀ“s home directory.

Does this mean all users always have a home dir? (This might be true
anyway, but it might be a case of "if not /home/davido then HOMEDIR=
/somewhere".)

That's it for this email.
Thanks

--

David O'Brien
Senior Technical Writer, Engineering Content Services

"We couldn't care less about comfort. We make you feel good."
Federico Minoli CEO Ducati Motor S.p.A.