[SSSD] Documenting the SSSD local domain, management tools, etc

David O'Brien davido at redhat.com
Tue May 18 23:04:36 UTC 2010

Recently it was recommended that I not include the LOCAL domain, nested
groups, and related functionality in the end-user doc (limiting it to
the man pages). This raises the following issue:

There is a section in the draft doc at present, "Using the SSSD
Management Tools", which includes info on working with users, groups,
nested groups, examples, etc., all of which will disappear if we remove
LOCAL domains from the topic list. Is this what we want? I know we're
moving towards the "SSSD functions transparently in the b/g when needed"
approach, but I want to double-check before I remove this section (about
2 pages).

Thanks
--

David O'Brien
Senior Technical Writer, Engineering Content Services

"We couldn't care less about comfort. We make you feel good."
Federico Minoli CEO Ducati Motor S.p.A.