[SSSD] Options for each SSSD Provider?

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Thu Nov 5 05:22:27 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-11-05 at 14:46 +1000, David O'Brien wrote:
> The doc skeleton contains the following headings for each of LOCAL,
> LDAP, IPA, and KRB5 providers (4.3 just happens to be for the local SSSD
> domain):
>
> 4.3.1. Identification Options
> text
> 4.3.2. Authentication Options
> text
> 4.3.3. Access Control Options
> text
> 4.3.4. Password Changing Options
> text
>
> I can get a bit of an idea of what goes in here from the wiki and the
> man page, but I'm not sure if that contains examples of all options, and
> neither am I sure I'd get the examples in the right sections.
>
> e.g., from the "DOMAIN SECTIONS" of the man page:
> min_id & max_id I can guess are Identification Options

yes they limit the id range we will consider.
if min_id = 1000 and max_id = 2000 we will filter out any user/group
that does not have the uid/gid within 1000 and 2000

> entry_cache_timeout --> Auth Option

This is more of a general option and tells how long an entry in the
cache is considered valid before you sssd will go an actually refresh it
contacting the remote server.
Currently it is used mostly by the id_provider, but I guess it will be
used also by the access provider.

> timeout ?

which one? :-)

> I won't go through the whole list...  should I just have a go and wait
> for doc review time to shuffle any stuff-ups around?

I think that's the best course of action right now. Things can still
change a bit, but shouldn't change dramatically anyway.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York