[SSSD] New Try to build SSSD on Karmic both as of 2009.08.04

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Aug 13 23:34:39 UTC 2009

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 06:09:24AM -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:

> Given we use git it doesn't seem a great match.
> If the Fedora facility do upgrade to the newer Transifex, then maybe
> that's going to be easier for us as we will not need to make any bzr to
> git transformation and use 2 separate account systems, etc...

I just checked on this, it's in progress.  I'll send along the Trac
ticket when it's generated so anyone can watch it.  Diego is working
on the 0.7 upgrade, and he needs a db dump that cannot happen until
after Fedora 12 Alpha freeze (Fedora Infrastructure freezes changes
and certain activities around release times.)  That would make it
"after a few weeks", since Alpha was pushed back a week.

He asked that we file a ticket on Transifex.org that explains what we
would be looking for in a l10n workflow so that it fits with the SSSD
development model.  I can file the ticket, but need a solid idea of
what SSSD would want (I'll run the same concept by the rest of
FreeIPA, figuring there it's identical?)  These would be features that
could appear in 0.8 if they do not exist currently in a way you can
use.

Another idea, btw, is to use the instance at Transifex.net instead of
translate.fedoraproject.org.  It depends, I suppose, on which group
you want to get a new account (presuming they don't have a
Transifex.net account yet) -- Fedora l10n community who don't have a
Transifex.net account, or non-Fedora l10n community who don't have a
Fedora Account. :)  In the end, I think the effect on SSSD is the
same, but it may be different in the longer term depending on where
you see the bulk and growth of your l10n community to be.

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41