Ruby 2.0, and a scl feature request

Vít Ondruch vondruch at redhat.com
Tue Aug 13 10:15:43 UTC 2013

Dne 6.8.2013 01:44, Ken Dreyer napsal(a):
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 3:22 AM, Vít Ondruch <vondruch at redhat.com> wrote:
>> If you could open RFE ticket in BZ, it would be cool. If you can open
>> support ticket for RHSCL via RH's customer portal, it would be even better.
>> It should be evaluated by PM, etc. I can't promise anything ATM. Sorry.
> Sorry that it took me almost a month to get to this.
>
> I had no idea that Red Hat's Customer Portal had a section for
> registering support requests for Software Collections. I guess I
> thought that SCLs were going to be more like EPEL. (In the long term,
> will there be any effort to make SCLs more like EPEL, and try to
> involve the community as packagers?)

This is official announcement of Red Hat Software Collections:
http://www.redhat.com/about/news/archive/2013/6/red-hat-software-collections-1.0-beta-now-available

What is the future of SCL in Fedora/EPEL is unclear ATM. You are free to
have SCL macros in .spec files and scl-utils are available in Fedora,
but that is it. There is no other infractructure for SCL support in
Fedora/EPEL (although Copr might help).

> This afternoon I filed a support request through work, and I'll let
> you know if the support engineer provides me with a ticket in
> Bugzilla.

Great, thanks.

Vít