Using the RHEL specific SCAP content for CentOS

Greg Elin gregelin at gitmachines.com
Mon Jul 6 22:20:34 UTC 2015

Bond,

You have to two files for CentOS:
- ssg-centos6-cpe-dictionary.xml
- ssg-centos6-cpe-oval.xml

ssg-centos6-cpe-dictionary.xml describes the platform. (CPE stands for
Common Platform Enumeration).

But ssg-centos6-cpe-oval.xml consists of the "Open Vulnerability Assessment
Language" code that _tests_ whether your platform is is CentOS. You must
have both, b/c the first file refers to the second file.

You can get them here:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/GovReady/govready/xplatform/templates/ssg-centos6-cpe-dictionary.xml
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/GovReady/govready/xplatform/templates/ssg-centos6-cpe-oval.xml

You can put the files anywhere, just make sure they are in the same
directory together, and reference the full
path/to/ssg-centos6-cpe-dictionary.xml

Greg