[New Release] SCAP Security Guide 0.1.23 is now live

Jan Lieskovsky jlieskov at redhat.com
Tue Jun 23 15:53:44 UTC 2015

Hello folks,

  we are thrilled to announce the GA for the SCAP Security Guide of version 0.1.23
-- the highlights for this release include:

* Start porting of PCI-DSS profile from RHEL-6 to RHEL-7
* Add OVAL-5.11 language support for RHEL-7 product if underlying system's oscap version supports OVAL-5.11 already
* Start generating benchmarks for derivative OSes (CentOS, Scientific Linux)
* Get rid of using symbolic links mechanism for OVAL checks shared across multiple products (RHEL/6, RHEL/7, and Fedora)
* Enhance XML files validation performed via make validate target for all products
  (optimize speed, validate all XML files against schematron where possible etc.)

For a more detailed Changelog / Release Notes for this release kindly have a look at:
  [1] https://github.com/OpenSCAP/scap-security-guide/releases

For the instructions how to try the new upstream version from source tarball kindly have a look at:
  [2] https://github.com/OpenSCAP/scap-security-guide/wiki/Building-from-Source

For the prebuilt XML files -- I will try to generate them within tomorrow and update the v0.1.23
tag page appropriately when done.

Please report any issues encountered with the newly added (but also formerly existing) SSG content
via GH tickets interface:
  [3] https://github.com/OpenSCAP/scap-security-guide/issues/new

Happy hardening!

Regards, Jan
--
Jan iankko Lieskovsky (on behalf of the SCAP Security Guide upstream team)