Celebrating 20 years of Red Hat Linux

leam hall leamhall at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 17:18:57 UTC 2014

> As a kid I imagined how amazing it'd be to someday work with the brightest minds possible,

Glad you got to work with me.  :)

I lived in Italy during part of the '90's and ordered a copy of RHL
(3?) to install for the ISP I sort of worked at. Good stuff! Enroute
back to the US I discovered a friend had signed a book contract to
write about the business case for Linux on the assumption I'd help
write the technical bits.

Red Hat came to the rescue! Ed Bailey and several others gave me a
good bit of time so I could present the business case well. This was
long before the suits "got" Linux. RH loaded me up with stuff to read
and agreed to package a distro CD with the book.

Leam

--
Mind on a Mission