Use of RHEV (UNCLASSIFIED)

leam hall leamhall at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 19:06:58 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Shaw, Ray V CTR USARMY ARL (US)
<ray.v.shaw.ctr at mail.mil> wrote:
> Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
> Caveats: NONE
>
>> In RHEV the management requirements are different; you have to use IE
>> and Spice. I'm not fond of the former and the latter takes some
>> integration.
>
> When did you use RHEV?  We're in the early stages of setting it up ourselves,
> and have been informed that IE used to be a requirement, but no longer is
> (we've been using Firefox from Linux and OS X).  It sounds like the product
> has improved significantly over the past few years, in general.

Hey Ray,

Currently. There may be newer versions out, but what is blessed by the
DoD is not always the most current. Also, if you have an install of an
older but supported version migration is seldom seamless and not
resource impacting.

Leam

--
Mind on a Mission