CSCF-RHEL6-MLS profile

Shawn Wells shawn at redhat.com
Sat Apr 5 15:34:42 UTC 2014

On 4/4/14, 5:51 PM, Kordell, Luke T wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>       Here is a profile I have put together for our HPC MLS environment. This profile is to be considered under-development and will eventually be divided into several profiles for the different types of systems we utilize at the CSCF (HPCs, Utility Servers, and Clusters). In the near future I will be developing MLS remediation capabilities to include in the fixes directory.
>
> Luke Kordell

There were a few whitespace errors during apply. I went ahead and
cleaned them up.
> $ git apply /tmp/luke.patch
> /tmp/luke.patch:17: trailing whitespace.
> <Profile id="CSCF-RHEL6-MLS">
> /tmp/luke.patch:18: trailing whitespace.
> <title>CSCF RHEL6 MLS Core Baseline</title>
> /tmp/luke.patch:83: trailing whitespace.
> <select idref="disable_httpd" selected="true" />
> /tmp/luke.patch:144: trailing whitespace.
> <!-- we do not have any removable media that has a mount point defined
> in fstab <select idref="mountopt_nodev_on_removable_partitions"
> selected="true" /> -->
> /tmp/luke.patch:147: trailing whitespace.
> <select idref="accounts_max_concurrent_login_sessions" selected="true" />
> warning: squelched 7 whitespace errors
> warning: 12 lines add whitespace errors.

Ran a scan without errors.

Pushed your patch:
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/scap-security-guide.git/commit/?id=2c2d58b99eee0208c052084cbe21dd24dea6d522

To be included in the build, profiles need inclusion in
input/guide.xslt. Went ahead and added CSCF as part of the commit:
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/scap-security-guide.git/commit/?id=013d616aa39fa750614bfd9553c16b3a17caa854

In other threads I recall you mentioning you've done some work on NIST
800-53 mappings. Are you able to share those as well?