Profiles, or I guess I was sleeping during class.

Jeffrey Blank blank at eclipse.ncsc.mil
Tue Sep 3 02:54:49 UTC 2013

Yup, you got it.  I made the change, exactly as you described, in this post:
https://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/scap-security-guide/2013-August/003721.html

It simplified some of the build process overall.  I am next likely to
introduce a more direct XCCDF to HTML transform, to permit more
control over final output in the prose guide format (and likely
include a little JavaScript to permit some hide/show for check
procedures).