scap-security-guide-0.1-3 in Fedora -stable repository (AKA "Houston, Tranquillity Base here. The Eagle has landed.")

Jan Lieskovsky jlieskov at redhat.com
Fri Nov 1 10:51:27 UTC 2013

Hello folks,

  we are proud to announce that the first version of the scap-security-guide
RPM package for Fedora operating system has now reached the -stable repositories
of Fedora 18, 19 (and in case you are running the upcoming preview of Fedora 20
version already, there too).

You can install normally via:
# yum -y install scap-security-guide

Also, the scap-workbench-0.8.2 version:
  [1] https://lists.fedorahosted.org/pipermail/scap-workbench/2013-October/000030.html

is already loading the provided SCAP content on Fedora system by default
(refer to scap-security-guide(8) manual page for further information regarding
how to use the content).

Yet, to let Neil Armstrong to clarify our further objective, let's return to his
words for a bit:

"I think we're going to the moon because it's in the nature of the human being to
face challenges. It's by the nature of his deep inner soul... we're required to do
these things just as salmon swim upstream."

The above projected into Fedora SCAP content context means, we are happy to accept
content contributions from the wide community [*]. Therefore feel free to adopt
(test and submit patches) existing RHEL6 SCAP content rules to Fedora, project
Fedora Security Guide's rules:
  [2] http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/19/html/Security_Guide/index.html

into OVAL / XCCDF content, or propose completely new rules touching the most hot
areas of Fedora functionality you daily use.

Happy hardening!

Jan.
--
Jan iankko Lieskovsky (on kind behalf of SCAP security guide team)

[*] Feel free to submit questions / patch proposals to scap-security-guide